Ever wondered how to care for your Lumira candles? We have put together some easy steps to follow below that will keep your candle looking beautiful as if it was new.
- In order to get the most out of your Lumira candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts. This could take between 4-6 hours.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle more than 4-6 hours at a time.
- Trimming the candle wick after each burn is very important to prevent them from smoking on the next burn or from burning the sides of the glass. We recommend trimming them to 5mm each time. Invest in a good pair of wick trimmers that will cut and remove the excess wick cleanly.
- Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests. Our lids act as a good protector.
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 10-20mm of non-molten wax at the bottom.
We love breathing new life into precious things around the home, not least of all our empty candle jars (as your can imagine, we have an impressive collection). There are endless uses for a re-purposed Lumira jar, including as a vase or pencil/makeup brush holder. Below you’ll find a fail-safe, simple 2-step method that won’t leave your fingernails broken but will leave your glass sparkling clean.
Step 1: Contrary to popular belief, the best way to get rid of the majority of old wax is not to melt it but instead to freeze it off. Place your finished candle in the freezer and leave it overnight (or for a few hours). The wax will solidify and harden so that you can easily scoop out with a knife.
Step 2: If there’s still residual wax in the jar, boil some water and pour it in until it reaches the top. Leave it for a few hours and when you come back throw out the rest of the wax that will have floated and solidified at the top. This will save your pipes from becoming clogged by pouring hot wax down the sink. Wipe the glass down with a hot cloth and you will have a shiny new place to store your favourite chattels.