FRAGRANCE HAS AN incredible power over the senses other than just that of smell - it can transform our emotional state. Feelings and memories can be triggered by certain smells (think Proust and his Madeleines). This is why so many of us use fragrance to scent our home. Whether it be to set a mood or add depth and character, fragrance gives each space a unique feel. While it may well be true that we are partial to scented candles, you can't disagree that their soft flame certainly adds a certain je nai sais quoi to the home.
TIPS TO SCENT YOUR HOME WITH CANDLES
1. Burn your scented candles for up to 6 hours at a time to infuse the whole space with the right amount of fragrance (tip: never leave a lit candle unattended). The right fragrance will leave the space feeling harmonious rather than overwhelming.
2. Trim the wicks on your candle before lighting for a clean, relatively smoke-free and fragrant burn.
3. Know your space. Whether it is the bedroom, living or bathroom, choose a fragrance that suits that space.
4. If you have a small space, choose a citrus-based scented candle. Both you and your space will feel more refreshed for it.
5. Layering scents around the home can boost your sensory experience. Floral fragrances blend well with citrus and woody notes. Think about combining the Lumira Persian Rose and Cuban Tobacco candles.
HOW TO SCENT YOUR HOME, ROOM BY ROOM
In the living room, fragrance should be subtle. The Lumira Persian Rose or Tropical Gardenia candles sit well in the living room space. Having friends over for drinks? Select something that leaves scent lingering in the air, but doesn't compromise the palate of a fine wine. For something more uplifting - think Sunday morning in spring - opt for the Sicilian Citrus candle. Unwinding with a whiskey? Cuban Tobacco is the perfect companion.
While we like to think ourselves perfectly organised, our bathroom cabinet begs to differ. Needless to say beautiful fragrance, such as the Paradisium Eau De Parfum, is amongst the many pots and potions that line the shelves. A light spritz will always leave a lingering scent throughout the space. In the bathroom or near the entrance way to your home, Lumira candle 101 asserts La Primavera for Collezione Bianca evokes a sense of daylight with a spirited youthful nature. Welcome home!
Aphrodisiac Balinese Ylang Ylang is a sensual, exotic blend of ylang ylang, bergamot and sandalwood. It's the perfect mood booster for romance and relaxation. Like your living space, scent and fragrance should be light, so as not to overwhelm the senses.